Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Reports to: Manager
Civiltek Limited’s uniquely qualified team can provide a range of services because of our experience, and our relationship with our sister companies, TrioTek Limited (pumps, valves, expansion joints and accessories) and Quatro Industries Limited (specialty mining supply equipment and services). Our team is focused on achieving client goals, with safety and quality-service delivery front of mind, every step of the way.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Welders operate welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals, to either create or repair specific
welding tasks that may be required (Work tasks may vary from field work to shop work).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to policies and procedures by actively promoting a safe and productive work environment
- Accountable to meet safety compliance and assist with achieving projected work goals
- Report for work-fit and ready to positively engage in the day’s work activities by following directives and engaging as a team player, safely and efficiently performing daily work duties
- Address any unsafe conditions immediately, rectifying or isolating and reporting – STOP and CORRECT
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Safely troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues and conduct breakdown welds/repairs within planned timeframes without compromising the integrity of the equipment
- Perform welds and test equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Ability to prepare reports on maintenance, repairs and diagnoses providing sufficient detail for others to understand what work has been done on the equipment
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards, on a continuous basis and conduct safety audits as per Company policy providing written reports to the Superintendent, as requested
- Contribute to safety and productivity by constructively participating in safety meetings, incident investigations, and equipment reviews to ensure new and existing equipment meet site safety standards and operation requirements
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), and/or resistance arc welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines or tools
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers
- Specialized welding (ex. Custom fabrication, machinery, and equipment repair welding, etc.)
- Other duties that may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
3-5 Years of experience as a welder or in a similar role
3-5 Years of working experience in an underground or open pit mining industry, will be considered an asset
3-5 Years of experience of experience using a variety of welding equipment, machinery, and procedures
3-5 Years of experience in using electrical or manual tools
Must possess CWB SMAW all position tickets at minimum; all other tickets considered an asset (FCAW, B-
Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Strong mechanical aptitude
High school diploma (OSSD) or equivalency
Successful or working towards completion of relevant apprenticeship program or education is required
Trade certification will be considered as an asset
Red Seal endorsement will be considered as an asset
A valid driver’s license
Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe
and efficient manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs (18kg)
- Ability to use the bend, crouch, climbing and reaching motions
- Prolonged periods of standing or kneeling
- Ability to work in all working conditions and weather conditions (in acceptance of safe work conditions)
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends (flexible hours)
- Ability to work rotational work – 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (12 hours/day) – if required
- Ability to travel, when and if required
Submit résumé to:
We thank you for your interest in applying to work with Civiltek Limited. Please be advised that we will only be contacting candidates that we are interested in interviewing.
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Civiltek Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Want to know more?
Fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact one of our Human Resources department directly here.