Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Reports to: Operations Manager
Civiltek Limited’s uniquely qualified team can provide a range of services because of our experience, and our relationship with our sister companies, TrioTek Limited (pumps, valves, expansion joints and accessories) and Quatro Industries Limited (specialty mining supply equipment and services). Our team is focused on achieving client goals, with safety and quality-service delivery front of mind, every step of the way.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Responsible for organizing work involved with all construction activities on site to ensure a safe, integrated,
coordinated, and controlled approach. The supervisor sets parameters in relation to time, cost, and quality and
project outcomes as it relates to construction deliverables.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of workers and perform other services in support of
underground and surface mining
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other
departments, and contracts to resolve problems and coordinate activities
- Oversee the Health and Safety of the workers and jobsite
- Resolve work problems and recommend measure to improve productivity
- Requisition of materials and supplies, ensuring availability and receiving timeline
- Assist in training workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Prepare production and other reports
- Adherence to policies and procedures by actively promoting a safe and productive work environment with crew members. The project’s safety plan to include employee job tasks and operation training of equipment, workplace inspections, and topical safety meetings
- Maintain compliance of Company and Client policies and procedures, while providing compliance to all prescribed legislation related to mining, health, and safety, environmental to manage safety and risk exposure
- Time management – responsible for crews’ hours of work
- Accountable to meet safety compliance and assist with achieving projected work goals
- Report for work-fit and ready, positively engage in the day’s work activities safely and efficiently preforming daily while performing daily work duties
- Address any unsafe conditions immediately, rectifying or isolating and reporting – STOP and CORRECT
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 5 Years of previous experience in a supervisory role or equivalent
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in the construction and mining industry
- High school diploma (OSSD) or equivalency
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Previous training or certification in managerial programs or relevance
- Acceptable technology skills with computers and Microsoft Suite program (Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe
and efficient manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs (18kg)
- Ability to use the bend, crouch, climbing and reaching motions
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, or kneeling
- Ability to work in all working conditions and weather conditions (in acceptance of safe work conditions)
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends (flexible hours)
- Ability to work rotational work – 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (12 hours/day)
- Ability to travel, when and if required
Submit résumé to:
We thank you for your interest in applying to work with Civiltek Limited. Please be advised that we will only be contacting candidates that we are interested in interviewing.
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Civiltek Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Want to know more?
Fill out the form below or email email@example.com.
You may also contact one of our Human Resources department directly here.