Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Reports to: Site Supervisor or Manager
Civiltek Limited’s uniquely qualified team can provide a range of services because of our experience, and our relationship with our sister companies, TrioTek Limited (pumps, valves, expansion joints and accessories) and Quatro Industries Limited (specialty mining supply equipment and services). Our team is focused on achieving client goals, with safety and quality-service delivery front of mind, every step of the way.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Pipefitters lay out, assemble, fabricate, maintain, troubleshoots and repair piping systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to policies and procedures by actively promoting a safe and productive work environment with
- Accountable to meet safety compliance and assist with achieving projected work goals
- Report for work-fit and ready to positively engage in the day’s work activities by following directives and
engaging as a team player, safely and efficiently preforming daily work duties
- Address any unsafe conditions immediately, rectifying or isolating and reporting – STOP and CORRECT
- Comply with company health, safety, and environmental policies in compliance with legislated requirements, site safety plan, site rules, etc.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Install and maintain piping associated systems adhering to acts and regulations to company standards
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures, to minimize downtime and maintenance costs, and manage equipment efficiencies
- Perform downtime repair work; troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions; identify opportunities for optimization
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers
- Operating accessory equipment for pipe fitting (ex. Pip beveling, pipe threading, pipe cutting, torch or plasma cutter, drill press)
- Measure, cut, thread, groove, bend, assemble and install metal pipe, valves, and fittings
- Maintain proper documentation including logs, maintenance records, safety, and environmental reports
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skill, and Knowledge:
- 3-5 Years of experience as a Pipefitter or in a similar role, in a similar industry
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma (OSSD) or equivalency
- Successful or working towards completion of relevant apprenticeship program or education is required
- Trade certification is required
- Red Seal endorsement is required
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe
and efficient manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs (18kg)
- Ability to use the bend, crouch and climbing and reaching motions
- Prolonged periods of standing or kneeling
- Ability to work in all working conditions and weather conditions (in acceptance of safe work conditions)
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends (flexible hours)
- Ability to work rotational work – 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (12 hours/day) – if required
- Ability to travel, when and if required
Submit résumé to:
We thank you for your interest in applying to work with Civiltek Limited. Please be advised that we will only be contacting candidates that we are interested in interviewing.
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Civiltek Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Want to know more?
Fill out the form below or email email@example.com.
You may also contact one of our Human Resources department directly here.