Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Reports to: Site Supervisor or Manager
Civiltek Limited’s uniquely qualified team can provide a range of services because of our experience, and our relationship with our sister companies, TrioTek Limited (pumps, valves, expansion joints and accessories) and Quatro Industries Limited (specialty mining supply equipment and services). Our team is focused on achieving client goals, with safety and quality-service delivery front of mind, every step of the way.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Maintains production and quality by ensuring maintenance and troubleshooting operations of machinery and mechanical equipment. Experience with hoisting operations, winches, and tuggers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Adherence to policies and procedures by actively promoting a safe and productive work environment with
Accountable to meet safety compliance and assist with achieving projected work goals
Report for work-fit and ready to positively engage in the day’s work activities by following directives and
engaging as a team player, safely and efficiently preforming daily work duties
Address any unsafe conditions immediately, rectifying or isolating and reporting – STOP and CORRECT
Comply with company health, safety, and environmental policies in compliance with legislated
requirements, site safety plan, site rules, etc.
Perform maintenance in a cost-effective, safe, and environmentally friendly manner to maximize equipment
Safely troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues and conduct breakdown repairs within planed timeframes
without compromising the integrity of the equipment
Ensures the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment is up to standards, by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
Locates the source of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks
Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communication actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rule, and regulations
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed
Equipment maintenance (inspection, testing and lubrication)
Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot production related to the machinery and plant equipment
Overhaul of winching, tugging, and hoisting equipment including preventative maintenance
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 3-5 Years of experience as a Millwright or equivalent experience
- 3-5 Years of experience in the underground or open pit mining industry, will be considered as an asset
- Hoisting and roping experience will be considered as an asset
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good understanding of maintenance facility flow, along with a strong understanding of parts inventory flow, systems, and supplier base specific to mine utility equipment and mine winches and tuggers
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma (OSSD) or equivalency
- Successful or working towards completion of relevant apprenticeship program or education is required
- Trade certification will be considered as an asset
- Red Seal endorsement is required
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs (18kg)
- Ability to use the bend, crouch, climbing and reaching motions
- Prolonged periods of standing or kneeling
- Ability to work in all working conditions and weather conditions (in acceptance of safe work conditions)
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends (flexible hours)
- Ability to work rotational work – 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (12 hours/day) – if required
- Ability to travel when and if required
Submit résumé to:
We thank you for your interest in applying to work with Civiltek Limited. Please be advised that we will only be contacting candidates that we are interested in interviewing.
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Civiltek Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Want to know more?
Fill out the form below or email email@example.com.
You may also contact one of our Human Resources department directly here.