Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Reports to: Site Supervisor or Manager
Civiltek Limited’s uniquely qualified team can provide a range of services because of our experience, and our relationship with our sister companies, TrioTek Limited (pumps, valves, expansion joints and accessories) and Quatro Industries Limited (specialty mining supply equipment and services). Our team is focused on achieving client goals, with safety and quality-service delivery front of mind, every step of the way.
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Ironworkers assemble the structural framework in accordance with engineered drawings and install the metal support pieces for new buildings. They also repair and renovate old structures using reinforced concrete and steel.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to policies and procedures by actively promoting a safe and productive work environment
- Accountable to met safety compliance and assist with achieving projected work goals
- Report for work-fit and ready to positively engage in the day’s work activities by following directives and engaging as a team player, safely and efficiently performing daily work duties
- Address unsafe conditions immediately, rectifying or isolating and reporting – STOP and CORRECT
- Comply with company health, safety, and environmental policies in compliance with legislated requirements, site safety plan, site rules, arrangements, etc.
- Install mechanical equipment to design specs. and drawings
- Utilize knowledge/working background in all matters of site installation
- Take instruction from supervisor(s) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Install mechanical systems and components in accordance with client/contract requirements
- Attend toolbox talks, safety stand downs and other safety-related meetings on-site
- Read blueprints, layouts, and prepare equipment for installation
- Engage in problem solving where appropriate, regarding to the site activities
- Use measuring instruments to ensure parts conform to specifications on drawings
- Work under minimal supervision to achieve desirable results
- Ensure all finished components are free of burrs, shavings, and sharp edges
- Erect and install scaffolding, hoisting equipment, and rigging
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to the blueprints
- Align, weld/bolt steel units in place and assemble/erect prefabricated metal structures such as platforms, supports, metal stairways, railing, and floor grating
- Examine structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or non-compliance with specifications
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skill, and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalency
- 3 years of previous experience as an Ironworker or equivalency
- Working at Heights certification
- Fall Protection Certification/Training
- Scissors lift certified
- Forklift certified
- Up-to-date knowledge of industrial plant and tools
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform their duties in a safe
and efficient manner
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40lbs (18kg)
- Ability to use the bend, crouch, climbing and reaching motions
- Prolonged periods of standing or kneeling
- Ability to work in all working conditions and weather conditions (in acceptance of safe work conditions)
- Ability to work all shifts, including nights and weekends (flexible hours)
- Ability to work rotational work – 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off (12 hour/day) – if required
- Ability to travel, when and if required
Submit résumé to:
We thank you for your interest in applying to work with Civiltek Limited. Please be advised that we will only be contacting candidates that we are interested in interviewing.
The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
Civiltek Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, family status (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Want to know more?
Fill out the form below or email email@example.com.
You may also contact one of our Human Resources department directly here.